Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Don't Sugar Coat The Truth...

Don't you just hate it when people play games on with your mind and your emotions?
     I am a pretty mater of fact person and most would agree that the phrase I just didn't want to hurt your feelings is a total shmuck of line.
     Just because you think you know us well enough doesn't mean that pretending to feel or say certain things is going to spare our feelings. I can only really speak for myself here, though I am pretty sure I am not alone on this one.
     I say, tell it to me straight, don't lie to my face. Whether it is in relationships, friendships, characteristics, talents or whatever, don't lie to spare ones pride or feelings, Because if any of you out there are like me you are going to want to believe them. Then you hold on to things that have already got up and left, when you are still right there waiting and getting your hopes up just to fall in the end.
     I know for a fact I am not the smartest, prettiest, thinnest, or most talented girl in this world let alone my home town. I am not ashamed of who I am, because I am me and I am not going to try to change who I am to please anyone else or anything. But I don't want to hold on to things or people when I shouldn't.
     Don't lie to my face thinking you are trying to protect me...because you are not.
It will hurt worse later on because one, you lied. Two, I was believing on false hopes.

Life is way to short, in the words of my friend Kasey who passed away June 30th 2011, "Don't sugar coat the truth. Life is already hard as it is and you aren't making it any easier by not telling them the truth."

Life is to short to be standing in the past...Because life never stops and waits for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment