Sunday, October 20, 2013

Growing Up Sucks...

     I have finally come to a realization on the statement that parents and adults seemed to find a joy in saying, because they said it ALL THE TIME, "Enjoy being a kid while you can", why, Cause growing up sucks. I apologize for my word choice, but it's true. Paying for stuff, organizing time, working,  doing things you have to do but don't have time for, it's like my whole social life just went down the toilet and all I have is a picture that feels like it was ages ago.
     The first thing that caught my attention was taxes. Now I am only a part time employee in the food business and still going to high school, but taxes took $100 dollars out of a $400 dollar check...I hate taxes...now I know that I am not an full fledged adult and I still haven't seen the real gist of what and how taxes will actually effect me in the future, but I don't necessarily want to find out. For a senior in high school, working my butt off and still trying to deal with school, $100 is a lot of money. Taxes are important for government and state funding, and I know that they need to happen, but they still are a pain in my...rear.
      Like I mentioned before, my social life has disappeared. I still have friends I mean I'm not friendless. Although, my grandpa still thinks that I actually pay people to pretend to be my friends at family get togethers,  and it's sad because I am not sure if he is joking.... But see I go to school, then I go to the gym, then to work and then home to do my homework and sleep. I don't have time to go see my friends, and when I do I would rather put on baggy PJ's and just wrap myself in a fuzzy blanket and watch netflix relaxing at home. If they want to come join me, the more the merrier, but it takes a lot of effort to upkeep with a lot of friends and deal with their drama. It sounds horrible but think about it, either go hang out with high school teenagers, who are obsessing about their love lives and petty drama, that if you just look at it in a big spectrum usually deals with miscommunication and a drama queen, or you can sit at home, cozzy and with food, watching psych... I think I made my point.
        Honestly, I miss dealing with my friends drama. I miss playing multiple schools sports and hanging out with my friends every other weekend. I miss huge movie parties where we spent the whole movie quoting lines or laughing so hard I was basically bawling. I miss feeling like I belonged somewhere and that I really mattered. But instead I work all day and then come home exhausted just to repeat. But thats life right...
     I know life will get better once I learn how to juggle everything and balance out my main concerns first, But when you are at that middle stage where you aren't a normal teenager anymore, but you aren't really an adult yet, it's hard. It's hard paying for bills, and paying for insurance and gas. It's hard having to work to get anywhere decent in life.
     But there is one thing I know...I know that if I work hard now and deal with the minimum rewards I will get in the short run, what I will receive in the long run it will be worth it.

Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment