Wednesday, June 15, 2016

You are allowed to feel...

There is a subject that I really think I should write about. I don't know who all even reads this blog, if there be any. But I still believe that I should write about this anyway.

Before I get into what I want to say I need to first address social media vents:
There are people in this world that use facebook and other social media places as a way to complain about things to get attention. You know, the woe is me people. Not very many people like these people. And those people might honestly have no idea that they are being, frankly, narcissistic. That they are purposely using social websites to get people to give them validation and attention so that they will feel better about themselves. I use to be one of those people. I bring this up, because I want to first address that using social media as outlets to vent or bring/ create drama is not okay. It is not mature and you should deal with those issues face to face.

With that said, life is hard. I have already brought up the hypocrisy of this world, and that you can''t even feel without getting shamed. Life is hard, guys. Rarely, do people have easy lives. Love ones die, people get sick, freak accidents happen, hearts break, and trials are going to come no matter how good of a person we try to be. At some points life just sucks. It really, undisputedly sucks sometimes. I believe that eventually light and hope will shine through in the dark. That after the storm, there is a rainbow. I have faith that good things will eventually happen. However that may be, I think it is important to say, that you are allowed to cry. You are allowed to feel pain, to feel broken. You are allowed to be human. You are not perfect. You are not indestructable. You are allowed to feel all the emotions that come with what you are dealing with. Don't listen to everyone that tells you to just walk it off. You can walk it off tomorrow, but today, feel, cry, break, and you can pick up the peces and move forward tomorrow.

If we forget how to feel, we forget to how to be human.

No comments:

Post a Comment